I am no sales person. Honestly, I hate to “sell” anything or even ask for anything. Yet, in my years of growing wiser I realize that we are all selling something. Maybe we do not realize what we are selling, but most of us are selling something.
Zig Ziglar was the expert in the art of teaching others how to reach their full potential and one area was sales. This book was written a long time ago. Before social media, before cel phones, before the sales world existed that exists today. Yet, this book is so very relevant. Why?
It is not about the method you use to sell something, like a newspaper ad, or facebook post – it is about the core motivation you have and the relationship that you build with your customer, no matter what era you are selling in.
Kevin Harrington wrote the intro to the updated & revised version, and I absolutely loved what he wrote. As a shark on Shark Tank, this man is not just giving advice, he is telling you how he did it. How he bought and sold more companies that he can list and how to worked his way to being who he is today. Kevin worked closely with Mr. Ziglar and speaks intimately about him.
I found great insight into sales and customer building in this book and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Despite where you are today, and whether you think you are selling anything, this book is a great read for everyone. It will cause you to look at how you interact with people on many levels as well as who you trust and who you buy from.
NOTE: I was offered a copy of Secrets for Closing the Sale in exchange for an honest review.
Zig shares tips and techniques from his vast wealth of sales experience.
His insights will prove to you over and over why this is the definitive “how to” sales program.
This powerful series of timeless sales messages will help you close more sales today as you build a career for tomorrow!
This revised edition features powerful insights, and contributions from one of this generation’s most successful businessmen, and student of Zig Ziglar, Kevin Harrington.
He puts a modern twist on Zig’s timeless teachings and offers a fresh perspective on applying Zig’s way of selling to the modern day.
Whether you’re a seasoned sales veteran or just beginning your first sales position, Secrets of Closing the Sale will provide you with practical advice and effective questioning techniques to transform prospects into clients.
Learn step by step over 100 specific closes and over 700 questions that lead the prospect to the decision table.
36 Powerful Sales Messages on 400 solidly-packed pages:
Part 1: The Psychology of Closing
- The “Household Executive” Saleslady
- Making “King” Customer the Winner
- Credibility: The Key to a Sales Career
- Common Sense Selling
- Voice Training to Close Sales
- The Professional Sells and Delivers
Part 2: The Heart of Your Sales CareerBook
- The Critical Step in Selling
- The Big “E” in Selling
- The Right Mental Attitude
- Your Attitude Toward You
- Your Attitude Toward Others
- Your Attitude Toward the Sales Profession
- Building “Reserves” in Selling
- Building a Mental Reserve in Selling
- Ya Gotta Have Love
Part 3: The Sales Professional
- Learning and Using Professional Techniques
- Characteristics of the Professional Salesperson
- Here is a Professional
- Everybody is a Salesperson, and Everything is Selling
Part 4: Imagination and Word Pictures
- Imagination in Selling
- Imagination Sells and Closes Sales
- Using Word Pictures to Sell
- Picture Selling for Bigger, Permanent Sales
- Part 5: The Nuts and Bolts of Selling
- Objections-the Key to Closing the Sale
- Objections Are Consistent-Objectors Aren’t
- The Salesman’s Friend
- Using Objections to Close the Sale
- Reasons and Excuses for Buying
- Using Questions to Close the Sale
- For Direct Sales People
Part 6: The Keys in Closing
Four Ideas and a Key to Sales Success
Selling and Courting Run Parallel Paths
The “Look and Listen” Close
The Keys in Closing-Conclusion
The “Narrative” Close